Georgeson Torney Industry Leaders Award
This award is named in honour of Michael Georgeson (UTS Union – 1977/2004) and Michael Torney (La Trobe University) in recognition of outstanding service to the Australian Student Service Profession.
This award is presented annually and seeks to identify and recognise leaders who are; working collaboratively within internal and external avenues within our sector, shaping the future of student services in a positive direction, championing change and innovation and turning ideas into action. Economic, social and environmental leadership also feature appropriately in all of their core activities.
This stand out member of our sector (including CEOs, MDs or equivalent) has contributed significantly to improving campus services for the members of their respective organisations with strong evidence of success. They have also brought inspiring leadership, dedication and commitment to the TAG group as a whole via strong participation and support of TAG member activities over the past 12 months.
The submission needs to be nominated by a colleague or peer within or outside the sector. Individuals from any tertiary education institution that are a member of TAG are eligible for nomination.
Nominators must provide details of their relationship to the nominee plus a 1000-word brief addressing key questions relating to how the nominee shows leadership, dedication, commitment and support to their organisation, the sector and the TAG member group.
Previous Nominees not awarded can re-enter in consecutive years.
Award Submission Criteria
- Name of Organisation
- Name & Contact – details of the person completing the nomination
- Nominator’s relationship to the Nominee
- Name and Contact of anyone else who supports this nomination and could provide additional information
- Name of Nominee
- Nominee’s Current Position
- Nominee’s most recent place of employment
- Nominee’s length of employment within the sector
9. Please tell us in 1000 words or less why you believe the nominee should be awarded the Georgeson Torney Award by providing evidence of success in relation to any of the criteria listed below:
- working collaboratively within internal and external avenues within the tertiary sector
- contributing significantly to improving campus services for their organisations
- shaping the future of student services in a positive direction
- championing positive change and innovation and turning ideas into action particularly during the challenges of 2020
- championing economic, social and environmental leadership within their scope of influence
- inspiring leadership, dedication and commitment to staff and peers
- providing leadership, dedication and commitment to the TAG group as a whole via strong participation and support of TAG member activities over the past 12 months.
- Upload your organisation logo (mandatory)
- Upload up a photo of the nominee (mandatory)
- Upload your best hero photos that capture the essence of the nominee (mandatory)
- Upload any relevant documentation that will add value and validation to your submission such as photos, testimonials, previous awards etc – you can collate them into a word doc to maximise your uploads